Data management refers to the process of effectively collecting, storing, organizing, analyzing, and maintaining data in a structured manner. It involves practices that will ensure that the data collected is accurate, consistent, secure, and accessible when desired. Educated and experienced professionals applying for work in this area are in high demand. Dakogroup provides the connection between applicants and the company that best matches their capabilities. If your interest and knowledge match any of the following functions, then submit a resume or contact our professionals today!
There are several key activities encompassing data management and the functions of data management professionals:
1. Data Collection: The gathering of data and information from various sources. Information sources may include surveys, database information, sensors, or other external systems.
2. Data Storage: This includes the organization and storage of data in a structured format that allows for efficient retrieval of information for processing. This can include databases, data warehouses, or cloud storage solutions.
3. Data Organization: Data must be organized into meaningful categories with tables and fields and records that facilitate efficient retrieval and analysis of such information.
4. Data Integration: Involves the combining of data from multiple sources into formats that create a unified and consistent view of the data. This process may involve the cleansing and transformation of data to ensure its quality.
5. Data Analysis: This involves the examination of data to discover patterns or relationships and insights that aid in decision-making. Techniques involved here may include data mining or statistical analysis or machine learning or AI.
6. Data Security: involves the implementation of procedures to protect data from unauthorized access, data loss, or data corruption. Appropriate access controls, encryption, backup, and disaster recovery plans must be put into place for such assurances.
7. Data Governance: Policies and standards along with procedures for the useful management of data within an organization must be established. This will include defining roles and responsibilities to ensure compliance with regulations plus the enforcement of data quality standards.
8. Data Lifecycle Management: Defines the management of data from its creation to archival or disposal. This will include the definition of retention policies, backups and archives, and compliance with legal requirements.
Effective data management is crucial for an organization to make informed decisions and maintain competitive advantages. As such, it improves operational efficiencies, customer service along with strategic planning by providing timely and accurate information when necessary.
Skilled data managers are in high demand as more and more data is collected and maintained by organizations during their daily operations. The Dako Group works with several employers in need of professional data managers and we always welcome your resume. Contact us now to showcase your skills to prospective employers looking for people with your unique skillset.