Service & Repair Analyst
Our customer located in Troy, MI is looking to fill the role of Service & Repair Analyst on a long-term contractual basis.
Develops, writes, and edits material for automotive manuals, instruction books, and related technical publications, as well as electronic products concerned with work methods and procedures, installation, operation, and maintenance of motor vehicles and other equipment.
- Receives assignment(s) from supervisor. Reviews manufacturer’s information, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance and service of supported vehicle(s).
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Responsible for maintaining records, files of work and revisions as part of the assigned activities given.
- Responsible for selecting photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material as needed.
- Able to perform internet research to populate or verify OEM information.
- May need to edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
Essential Job Functions / Skills:
- Knowledge of automotive components and systems (ASE Certified)
- Knowledge of publication formats.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Arbortext ADEPT Editor mark-up language preferred. Knowledge of SGML a plus.
- Ability to use a personal computer and various software packages (Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and Access).
- Ability to do appropriate research (Internet based websites) required to correctly write material.
- Ability to write procedures based on research results and technical skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with little supervision.
- Ability to complete work on schedule.
- Ability to locate missing art.
- Ability to document procedures.