Repair Labor Analyst
Our customer located in Troy, MI is looking to fill the role of Repair Labor Analyst on a long-term contractual basis.
- Responsible for development of repair labor time estimates, which are used to determine mechanical repair costs and/or to determine employee efficiency.
- Responsible for analyzing, resolving, and responding to end user and customer-licensed concerns about the company data set.
- Responsible for database tool administration and data extract process.
- Responsible for development of training and process documentation.
- Some interaction with customers via phone, email, or in person, as required.
- Up-front analysis of vehicle configuration via dealer visits, brochures, etc.
- Analysis of OEM service information (service procedures, images, etc.).
- Analysis and interpretation of OEM warranty schedules.
- Extensive internet research.
- Interface with all other departments in order to acquire necessary source data for labor development.
- Inter- and intra-team workflow coordination.
- Create and publish internal and external issue status reports and performance metrics.
- Coordinate and execute database cleanups/maintenance.
- Assist in training new staff members as needed.
- Act as second-level responder for customer-submitted issue as required.
- Ensure issue response time falls within established customer service level agreement boundaries; proactively escalate as necessary if service level agreement (“SLA”) is at risk.
- Record customer requests for data enhancements and improvements. Follow up with requests to ensure they are being addressed. Communicate status/resolutions to customer as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle parts, systems, service and repair operations, relationships, and nomenclature for light duty as well as medium-heavy duty vehicles.
- State or ASE Certifications in at least one of the following: Engine Repair, Steering/Suspension, Heating and Cooling, and Medium/Heavy Truck Repair.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision once trained.
- Ability to work on a stringent deadline while maintaining quality of work.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with personal computers and MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- ASE Master Mechanic.
- Collision repair knowledge and or background.
- Knowledge of estimating systems (e.g. ALLDATA).
- Associates or Bachelors Degree.
- Familiar with relational database concepts.