Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our customer located in Farmington Hills, MI is looking to fill the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer on a direct hire basis. The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $85,000, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have automotive industry experience specifically in engines and/or transmissions; working with mechanical design, analysis, and validation of enclosure structure for PCBs & other electronic components/devices.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates multiple processes by performing any combination or all essential duties and responsibilities, under general direction of a senior level engineer.
- The primary responsibility of this position is the mechanical specification, design, and development of electrical/electro-mechanical systems used in automotive powertrain applications. This will include system and component specification, design and design documentation.
- Familiarity with automotive electrical connection systems, GD&T, packaging/environmental considerations for electronic modules and solder fatigue analysis are desirable.
- Experience developing electronic control unit packaging utilizing SolidWorks is necessary.
- Strong communication skills are a necessity for this position. The individual must demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate information on a global basis to suppliers, customers and other divisions alike. That information may include, but not be limited to, design information such as DFMEA, technical specifications or drawings. The individual should be able to coordinate and lead team discussions in the above areas.
- Additional responsibilities may include simulation and modeling of mechanical components or systems. This may include using SolidWorks, CosmosWorks, Ansys FEA, MATLAB/Simulink, SABER or other simulation and modeling tools.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical area.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years applicable experience in automotive powertrain design.
- Experience in electrical/electro-mechanical systems used in automotive applications.
- Working knowledge of GD&T, call-outs, and general practices relating to 2-D mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of CAD packages, such as SolidWorks, UniGraphics and CATIA.
- Working knowledge and experience with DFMEA, Reliability Analysis, APQP, tolerance stack-up, worst-case analysis and material analysis.
- Working knowledge and experience with 8D, 5P methodology is a plus.
- Experience tracking and reporting design changes.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating several small projects or one major project.
- Experience interfacing with customers is a plus.
- Additionally, the ability to work independently with minimal direction is required as are strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience with PCs and application software, such as MS Office tools and Lotus Notes are also required.